Xtaggroup.com (“the Site”) is operated by XTag by Plentific which is the trading name of Gas Tag Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Plentific Ltd.
Gas Tag Ltd (“We”, “Our”, “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who can I contact?
Plentific Ltd is responsible for this website. Our contact details are:
3rd floor, Yarnwicke,119–121 Cannon St,LondonEC4 5AT
Phone: (033) 0808 9970
Via these details you can reach Our Data Protection Officer. Please don't hesitate to contact Us if you have specific questions about your personal data, deletion of your personal data or any other query concerning your personal data.
Scope of Policy
- the Gas Tag mobile application software (“App”) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device); and
- any of the services accessible through the App (“Services”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information you give Us: You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on the App, or by corresponding with Us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App, subscribe to any of Our Services, share data via the App and when you report a problem with the App or Our Services. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, and photograph.
- information We collect about you and your device: Each time you use Our App We may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the type of mobile device (“Device”) you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting (Device Information);
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, login information, photos, videos or other digital content or check ins (Content Information);
- details of your use of the App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (Log Information);
- location information: We will also use GPS technology to determine your current location;
- information We receive from other sources. Third Party Information: We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to Us.
Uses Made of Your Information
We use information held about you to verify your Gas Safe Register credentials and your location when using the App to facilitate the functionality of the App and the Services for the intended purpose in respect of works relating to gas applications, installations, maintenance, repair and servicing.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose some or all of the information held about you to landlords, Gas Safe Register and any other relevant third parties to facilitate the functionality of the App and the Services for the intended purpose in respect of works relating to gas applications, installations, maintenance, repair and servicing.
Selected Third-Party Disclosures - We reserve the right to share your personal information with the following selected third-party companies:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gas Tag Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Disclosures to affiliates - We may share your personal information with any member of Our group, i.e. Our subsidiaries, Our ultimate holding company and its affiliates. For this purpose, We have entered into a privacy agreement with all of Our affiliates, which provides the legal basis for the disclosure and ensures that all companies ensure the protection of personal information and use it only for the purposes defined.
- Our suppliers and subcontractors (i.e., processors) who have been contracted by Us. We have signed data processing agreements with these companies in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR. See below (“Specific Third Parties”) for data protection information for some of Our suppliers.
- If We are required to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a legal obligation, or to enforce or apply any agreement to which We are a party (including agreements with property management companies, landlords, tradespeople, contractors and others).
Our website may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not assume any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please review this policy before submitting personal information to these sites.
Where We store your personal data
We store and process your personal data on servers within the UK and European Economic Area ("EEA"). However, the data collected from you may also be transferred to a location outside the UK and EEA and stored there. It may also be processed by employees and/or by third parties commissioned by Us and operating outside the UK and EEA.
Whenever We transfer personal data to a country outside of the UK and EEA, We will ensure that it is subject to a similar level of protection by ensuring that appropriate safeguards are in place. For example:
We may transfer personal data from the UK to countries that are deemed by the UK Government to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data under the UK Information Commissioner Office (“ICO”) adequacy decision. The UK Government has made an Adequacy Decision for the EEA. If We use service providers outside the UK, We may use specific contracts approved by the ICO that provide the same level of protection for personal data as in the UK such as the UK Addendum to Standard Contractual Clauses or the International Data Transfer Agreement.
Security of processing
We follow security standards according to the state of the art to protect the information transmitted to Us, both during transmission and after receipt. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Therefore, We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and We disclaim any assurance that this information will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite Our best efforts, gain unauthorised access.
Notwithstanding this, once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All information you provide will be stored on Our secure servers. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Site or the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
You can contact Us at any time if you have any questions about your rights regarding data protection or if you wish to exercise any of the following rights under the UK GDPR:
- Right to withdraw your consent in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR (e.g. you can contact Us if you wish to cancel a previously given consent to receive a newsletter).
- Right to access your data in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR (e.g. you can contact Us if you would like to know what data We have stored about you).
- Right to correct your data in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR (e.g. you can contact Us if your email address has changed and We should replace your old email address)
- Right to have your data deleted in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR (e.g. you can contact Us if you want Us to delete certain data that We have stored about you and where there is no good reason for Us to continue to process it). You also have the right to ask Us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where We may have processed your information unlawfully or where We are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Please note, however, that We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Right to limit data collection and processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR (e.g. you can contact Us if you do not want Us to delete your email address, but only to send absolutely necessary emails). This enables you to ask Us to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain scenarios, including if you want Us to establish the data's accuracy or where Our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Us to erase it.
- Right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR (e.g. you can contact Us to receive certain data in a zipped format, if you want to upload it to another website).
- Right to send complaints to the supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 para. 1 of GDPR (e.g. you can contact the data protection supervisory authority directly).
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
Deletion of data and storage periods
You may exercise your rights under UK GDPR and request Us to delete your account details at any time by clicking HERE. Unless otherwise stated, We will delete or anonymise your data as soon as it is no longer needed (e.g. your email address after you have unsubscribed from a newsletter). Your data will also be deleted or anonymised automatically if the mandatory storage period expires, except when such data is required to be stored for a contract or performance of a contract. Such data may be needed for longer periods of time for legal reasons. You can request information about all personal data We have stored about you.
In some circumstances, We will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Specific third parties
We have set out some further information below about some of the third parties We use as processors in relation to Our website.
We also use Segment.io, a data analysis and aggregation service from Segment.io, Inc, 101 15th St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
As a protective measure, an evaluation of the data is not based on your person, but only on a statistical basis.
The purpose of using Segment is the anonymous analysis of your usage behaviour on Our websites. The knowledge gained from this helps Us to improve Our offer. The legal basis is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1(a) GDPR.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
On this website We use HubSpot for Our online marketing activities. HubSpot is a software company from the USA with a subsidiary in Ireland (HubSpot, 2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland, Phone: +353 1 5187500).
This is an integrated software solution that We use to cover various aspects of Our online marketing. These include among others:
Email marketing (newsletters and automated mailings, e.g. to provide downloads), social media publishing & reporting, reporting (e.g. traffic sources, access), contact management (e.g. user segmentation & CRM), landing pages and contact forms.
We use all information collected solely to optimize Our marketing efforts.
We also use HubSpot's live chat service "Messages" (round chat icon at the bottom right of the screen) to send and receive messages on some sub-pages to improve the user experience on Our site. If you agree and use this feature, the following data will be transmitted to HubSpot's servers:
- Content of all sent and received chat messages
- Context information (e.g. page on which the chat was used)
- Optional: user's email address (if provided by the user via chat function)
Google Firebase - Cloud Firestore
Microsoft App Centre
We use Microsoft App Centre is an integrated developer for building, testing, releasing and monitoring mobile and desktop apps.
Responsible supervisory authority:
The data protection supervisory authority responsible for Us is:
Information Commissioner's OfficeWycliffe HouseWater LaneWilmslowCheshireSK9 5AF